Please see the following message from Doctors Manitoba:
"As doctors, we care about the health of Manitobans and we want to share what we know about the COVID-19 vaccines," said Dr. Kristjan Thompson, President of Doctors Manitoba. "Manitobans can always get advice from their physician, and now our town hall will offer another option to get the answers you need about the vaccines."
The town hall will be broadcast live on YouTube. Questions can be submitted advance at ManitobaVaccine.ca or live during the town halls.
Hosted by Ace Burpee, the town hall includes a group of knowledgeable pediatricians:
- Dr. Marni Hanna, pediatrician and president of the Manitoba Pediatric Society
- Dr. Ruth Grimes, pediatrician and president of the Canadian Pediatric Society
- Dr. William Li, pediatrician, and medical lead for the Kids and COVID-19 session last spring
- Dr. Jared Bullard, pediatric infectious disease specialist
All students and parents are encouraged to attend. Dr. Thompson noted there is a lot of information circulating about the vaccines right now, some accurate and some misleading. "These are new vaccines for a new disease. It's natural to have questions, and doctors want to share the facts so you can make an informed decision about getting immunized."
Other town halls planned by Doctors Manitoba:
- Town Hall for All Manitobans - June 23 at 6:30 pm
Manitobans can access answers to common vaccine questions anytime at ManitobaVaccine.ca, a site created by physicians for Manitobans about COVID-19 vaccines.